If you need to print an important document and a notification pops up that your canon printer is offline in Mac and Windows 10. This surprisingly common issue happens with many connected printers and can be easily resolved. There might be a couple of different reasons for your canon printer no longer working. Let’s look at some solutions for it.
- Firstly, check that your printer is properly connected or not.
- Check if the USB port is properly inserted.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi is connected with the printer and also working.
- You will make sure that your modem is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Paper jam issue and empty paper tray.
How to fix canon printer in windows 10?
There is a number of efficient methods that can help you to fix the canon printer offline issue in windows 10. All such possible methods are mentioned in this blog. Here follows the step one by one to fix the problem on your own.
- Start by restarting your Wi-Fi router and see when it is attached to the internet.
- Go to the “control panel” from window.
- Head to “devices and printer” option.
- Click on printer setting.
- Consider the printer status and also make sure that it is online.
- Check if there is any print that is pending. Then clear those if there are pending requests.
- Make sure the printer that you apply is selected as default.
- Try to find the SNAP option and uncheck it in case it is already selected.
- SNAP- option my canon printer is offline, canon printer offline window 10.
- If you are using a VPN connection, close it and attempt and access your printer.
How to Get Canon printer online in Mac?
My Canon printer is not properly connected to Mac, whenever I try to print an important document it tells me that the printer is offline. To begin with, you must check that all cable is connected with your canon printer and Mac. If none of the wires is loose, it means your machine will not recognize your printer and hence not able to print such a thing.
- In the first process, click on “Apple” menu and then opt for “Software Update” option to install all available updates.
- After this, again tap on Apple menu and then choose “Restart” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on “System Preferences” that is present in Dock and then choose “Print & Scan” option.
- Now, double click on your printer from the printer list. By doing this, a yellow light will appear. Then tap on Resume button.
- Press the key “Ctrl+P” from your keyboard to print a document and after this choose your Canon printer from the list.
- If still, your Canon printer is not printing any document, then it’s time to reset printing system. Follow the following for this.
- First, click on Apple menu and then choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on “Print & Scan” and then after press Ctrl key.
- Next press right clicks simultaneously in the Printer list.
- After doing this, a menu will pop-up from where you have to click on “Reset Printing System”.
- Now, tap on “+” button and then add your Canon printer to Mac.
- Now, after a few moments, Mac OS X will automatically download and install the latest software of your Canon printer.
This article helps you to fix “Canon printer” keep going offline’ on windows 10 and Mac operating system. If You need any further assistance then feel free to contact our expert team.