If you receive an error message stating “Printer offline” while using an HP Envy Pro 6400 series printer, it indicates it is not correctly connected to the network. Some users claim that their HP Envy 6400 printer is fully connected and online to their wireless network, but that when they attempt to print, it still reads Offline. This is due to a shaky wifi connection between devices. Contact HP Support for further troubleshooting if this occurs repeatedly with your HP Envy Pro 6400 Printer.
What does it mean when my HP Envy Pro 6400 printer indicates it’s offline?
There are many additional reasons why your HP envy 6400 computer on Windows 10 keeps going offline.
- Setup is incomplete.
- Drivers who are out of date.
- Devices have a shaky connection.
- The default printer for the HP Envy is not set.
- Firmware is no longer up to date.
If you’ve tried everything above and the issue persists, go on to the next step for more sophisticated troubleshooting.
- Fix the offline HP Envy Pro 6400 or 6455 printer.
- Press the power button to turn off the HP printer.
- Wait 2-3 minutes after disconnecting the power connection from the rear of the HP Envy 6400 printer.
- If the USB cable is attached to the HP Printer, disconnect it.
- Restart the printer if necessary.
- HP Printer drivers should be uninstalled from the PC.
- Now, go to Devices and Printers and delete your HP Envy 6400 Series Printer.
- Open the HP Smart app on your phone.
- Select Setup a New Printer from the drop-down menu.
- Hit Next after selecting HP Envy Pro 6400 Printer.
- Now, on the HP Smart App, follow all of the instructions.
Once the new setup is finished, your HP Envy Pro 6400 printers will go from offline to online.
If you still receive the HP Envy 6400 offline warning after following all of these troubleshooting procedures, you should contact Chat Support or phone Printer Support right away.