What is HP Envy 5055 Offline Issue?
Reason 1 : The reason your HP Envy 5055 gives you an error is because of a basic problem which can be improper network connection or poor electrical connection.
Reason 2 : Sometimes, your HP Envy printer is turned off or gets disconnected from the computer. And thus the IP address may get changed. This results in the printer being in an offline state from the HP printer. And so you get an offline error.
How to Fix HP Printer Offline Error from Home
- First go to Settings and then choose Printers.
- After that click on the printer icon and select Use printer online option.
- After that do a double click on the icon that says Printer and choose the cancel all documents option.
- Sometimes the Printer might go offline because something gets stuck in the printer while printing.
- Start with rebooting your HP Envy 5055 printer, then reboot the computer and then your router. For that, on your computer, go to settings and select printers.
- After that go to properties and go to the General tab. Then choose the button that says Driver.
- Proceed to deleting the driver and reinstalling it from the official HP printer website.
Why does HP Envy 5055 Gives Offline error and Disconnects from WiFi?
Primary reason for this problem is the firewall issue, as opposed to the primary belief that it’s a software driver, cable connection or a router problem. Users can start by setting a static IP address on the printer to avoid the IP address switching and then prevent the HP Envy 5055 printer from giving the offline error. To do that, go to your printer menu, click on setup and then network. Once you are in the network menu select the option Network Configuration Page. This is where your IP address is.
Start with typing the IP address in your computer’s web browser. On the next page go to setup, then choose network and then click ok. Here comes the trick part. Instead of choosing automatic, click on Manual. Also ensure that you are out of the router’s DHCP range. Save the changes and proceed to restart the computer so that printing starts. After that go to Printers and Faxes and click on the printer option and click on properties. Here you will be able to identify the hostname of the Network Configuration sheet.
Why is my HP Envy 5055 printer offline but connected to Wifi?
- The first step to solve this is to reboot your printer and then let the printer restart.
- Then ensure that the HP Envy 5055 printer is connected to a stable power connection.
- Then ensure that the HP Envy 5055 is connected to network which is stable. Once connected to network, it will give you a green blinking light on your HP Envy printer.
- Go to your computer and open the Manage Printers option. The local admin account should be good enough for this.
- Start by clicking on the Start button and choose Devices and Printers.
- Then go to the printer option and see what is being printed.
- Here you will see the spooler window. Then go to the printer and click on “Use Printer Offline” so that the check mark will be removed.
- After that proceed to closing the spooler window and move to the option Devices and Printers.
- Once that is done, download the latest printer driver by going to the official HP website.
- Last step is to restart your printer and then the computer. Check if your HP Envy 5055 printer offline error has been resolved.
Why does my Mac says my HP Envy 5055 printer is offline?
Sometimes your HP Envy 5055 printer is on sleep mode. So you need to make sure its on. For that, press the power key on the printer to turn it on. Ensure the printer has sufficient paper, along with ink cartridges and no blinking LED lights are there. Then go ahead and restart your printer and if you still have the HP printer offline error then go ahead and follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Start by clicking on the main Apple menu of the Mac and go to the system preferences option.
- After that go to the option that says print and fax or printers and scanners. Do a right click on the printers section.
- Then go to the Reset printing system option and click Reset in the confirmation window.
- Now enter the admin name and password and start the reset process.
- After the printer is resets, add a printer on queue and Happy printing.
What to do if My HP Envy 5055 Says it is in Offline mode?
Following are the steps on how to fix the HP printer offline error in Envy 5055 printer.
- Go to smart install and turn it off. After that start a power reset and then check the connection with the printer and computer.
- Download HP print and scan doctor application. You have to manually set the default print driver.
- Then make sure your printer connected to the network. Make sure the printer offline option is not turned on.
- And check your network connection settings are not recently changed. You must select the correct port in your computer.
- Now uninstall the printer software and driver from your computer.
- Finally connect your printer to other computer to see if it is working or not.
- How to Troubleshoot HP Envy 5055 Offline Error in Windows?
- Initially turn on your printer power and the power light is bright. Then check your blue color wireless LED light is steady and not blinking.
- Now Download the HP print and scan doctor to troubleshoot the network related issue. Restart your printer and computer.
- Then In the windows search for printers and choose Printers and scanners option. If you are connected with USB cable, remove it and reconnect.
- In case if you are using wireless connection, restart your router to see if your error has solved or not. You can try printing a network configuration page to see if you are wirelessly connected to your computer and router.
- Then Uninstall the printer software for HP Envy 5055 printer from system and reinstall it from the HP official website to see if it can fix HP printer offline error.