Let’s look at the potential explanations behind-‘Get Canon Printer offline ‘Error
The Canon offline printer error occurs when the printer cannot receive any of the system’s print commands. In brief, the common reasons for this issue are listed below:
- Issue of default settings: Incorrect default printer settings can be the reason your Canon printer goes offline. Therefore, make sure your printer is selected as the ‘Primary Printer’ choice.
- Use Allow Printer Offline: The option of Offline Status is not disabled, which is why the printer can go offline.
- Printer spooler error: A technical error in the printer spooler maybe the cause of this offline problem.
- Inappropriate paper feeding: The jamming of the Canon printer’s printing sheets is a common explanation why you may face a ‘Offline’ mistake. Therefore, make sure that the documents are loaded into the computer properly.
- Issues with the USB: A poor connection between the printer USB & the computer due to loose wiring may result in ‘Offline’ error. So make sure that the connection between printer and computer is made properly.
- Improper connection or no connection between the computer and the Wi-Fi router can break the connection between the printer and the Wi-Fi router, resulting in a ‘offline’ error.
So these are some of the reasons why the offline Canon printer says so. However, we will address the successful solution for ‘Canon printer holding offline error’ on Windows 10 computer and Mac machine.
Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on Windows 10?
Firstly Let us check the simple link problem that can display the status of ‘Canon Printer is offline’ on Windows 10. So make sure that your printer receives power correctly and is either connected to the device through a USB cable or a wireless network.
Check for Canon’s ‘Printer Set as Usual’ settings: Canon’s printer will display an offline error due to the wrong settings on the device. Check your Windows 10 settings, therefore, and make sure your printer is selected as the “Default Printer.”
Follow these steps to setup as default your canon printer
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from windows search and go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- search control panel in the search bar
- Next from the shown printers, right click on your Canon printer and select the option of ‘set as default’. Once your printer is set as default, you will see a Green check mark on it.
Disabled ‘Use Printer Offline’ Status: Follow the given steps to make sure your Canon printer is free from errors-
- Firstly, restart your printer and open run box from Windows search bar. Thereafter, open control panel and select ‘Device and Printers’.
- Next, on your phone, your mounted Canon printer will be shown.
- If you see a green check mark on your printer, right-click the printer icon and choose ‘See what’s printed.’ However, if you see your printer in gray, right-click it and choose ‘Set as Default Printer’.
- Click on the printer button for the final move and uncheck it to put your printer back online from offline mode if you see two check marks next to the option of ‘use canon printer offline’ or ‘Pause Printing’.
uncheck canon printer offline
- Make sure Canon Printer’s Spooler Service is Turned ON:
- Ensure that Canon printers spooler server is turned ‘ON’. If it’s ‘OFF’ then your Windows 10 system will show “my Canon printer is offline” error.
Therefore you make sure that your spooler service is turned on by following the below steps-
- Go to the Window search bar and open ‘Run’ dialog box. Then, type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- Now locate the ‘printer spooler’ option from the list in the shown ‘assets’ window. Ensure that the state of the spooler is in ‘working mode’ once found. If the status is not working, right-click and select the ‘Start’ option on the printer spooler.
- If you want to restart the printer spooler service then right click on the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and select ‘Restart ‘ option.
- Printer Spooler and select Restart
- Now close the ‘Properties’ window and check the status of your printer. It should now be in ‘online’ mode.
Hopefully by following these steps you will be able to resolve your ‘Canon printer Goes offline on Windows 10’ error.
Faulty or Outdated Printer Drivers can also lead to offline Canon Printer Error: The explanation for ‘Canon Printer Goes offline Windows 10’ status can be outdated or defective printer drivers. Make sure you install the right printer drivers for your device and upgrade them. You can manually or automatically update it.
Follow these steps to update canon printer driver :
- First go to the search box on Windows system and open ‘run’ dialog box
- Then type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run dialog box as shown below in the image.
- Updating Canon Printer
- Next Device manager window will open. From there expand the ‘print queues’ option to find your Canon printer from the list.
- Under ‘print queues” find your printer
Then right click on your Canon printer model and click on ‘Update Driver’ option from the menu.
Next Click on the ‘Search automatically option’ to update driver software and then reboot your computer. These steps will resolve your offline problem on Windows 10 for Canon printer.
Why My Canon Printer Is Offline on Mac ?
Communication problem between Mac & printer may cause ‘Printer Offline’ error in Canon Printer. Some of the most common questions asked by Mac users regarding canon printer offline problem are-
- My Wireless Printer Status Is Offline on Mac
- How to Get My Printer Back on a Mac When It Is Offline
- Why my Canon printer says offline? How do I fix it?
- How to Get Canon Printer Online on MAC ?
- Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on my Mac device ?
- Troubleshooting Steps To Fix ‘Canon Printer Keeps Going offline On MAC’ Error
Follow these two methods to fix Canon printer is showing offline on Mac
1 . USB Connection Method to Get Back Printer ‘Online’ from ‘Offline’ Mode:
- First press and hold power button to hard reboot the Canon printer.
- power button hp printer
- Now go the the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option using ‘System Preference’ on MAC and delete your printer from your MAC Device.
- delete canon printer from mac in printer and scanner
- Then uninstall the Canon printer driver from ‘Utilities’.
- Uninstall the Canon printer drivers from mac
- Now unplug the MAC and printer with USB cable
- Thereafter, download the latest version of Canon printer drivers from its official website (as per your Canon Printer’s model number) and install it on your Mac.
- Now press and hold the power button to restart the Canon Printer.
- Again connect your MAC and Printer using USB cable.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Apple’ menu and open ‘System and Preference’. Now open ‘Printer and Scanners’ & add new printer using the ‘+’ sign.
Now your Canon printer status will be ‘online’ and it’s ready for use.
Reset Apple’s Printing System
Poor network settings may affect the printing system because of which Canon printer may shows offline on mac. Therefore to fix this error follow the below steps-
- First go to the Apple Menu
- Then select the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Next click on the ‘Printer & scanner’ option.
- printer and scanners
After that a pop window will open in the left panel. Right click and select ‘Reset Printing System’ Option.
- It will ask you for a user name and password. Enter both the credentials.
- Now Click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Wait for a Moment until printer list open.
- Then at the end add the printer again using the ‘+’ sign.
- Now your printer will get back ‘online’ from ‘offline’ mode and it’s ready for printing.