This is one of the problems that occur frequently “Why is my HP smart printer offline issue in Windows 10 and Mac” error. Therefore, you not need to be worried about it. Meanwhile, we have explained the causes for this problem along with its solutions. So, whenever you faced this situation that your HP printer keeps going offline. We have mentioned the how to fix HP smart printer offline issue, just follow the instructions given below.
Tips for quick Troubleshooting
- Check the printer connections and USB connection.
- Restart the printer and the computer/laptop.
- Check the printer ink cartridges or toner cartridges.
- Are the print drums clean and paper jam cause.
- Download and install the latest driver version for your printer.
Why HP printer showing offline in windows 10?
- Open the ‘Control panel’ in the dialogue box and press ‘OK’.
- Click on the ‘Device and Printer’ option after which you will see your listed HP printer has a green check mark, it means that your printer is already “set as default”.
- If not then right click on your printer and click the option of “Set as a default” printer.
- Now your printer will successfully work and printer offline problem will no longer be visible in your HP printer.
- Still problem is not solved then update printer version.
- Go to the Windows search and find ‘Device Manager‘ and click on it.
- Now extend the section where it says ‘Printers’.
- Now from the expanded section, locate your printer’s model number and ‘Right Click’ on it and click on ‘Update Driver’.
- Next press on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait for your printer’s driver to update. Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
- If you want to re-install your driver, go to ‘control panel, and click on ‘remove programs’ and uninstall your existing HP printer driver.
- Thereafter download your printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it.
How to get my HP printer back on Mac when it is offline.
- Click the “Apple” menus and select “System preference”.
From the drop-down menus
- Click “Print & scan”.
- Press the “Ctrl” key and right-click simultaneously in the printer list.
- Select “Reset printing system”.
- Click the “+” button and select your printer if it appears, otherwise click “Add Printer or scanner”. Select your printer from list and click “Add”.
- Wait for the printer to download and install and begin using your printer again.
HP smart printer offline issues fix can easily achieved by following steps given in this article. If your problem is not solved with these steps, then you can freely contact with our expert team.