An occurrence of Canon Printer offline problem hampers works productivity in the organization, thus it bars you to accomplish those tasks which are the need of the hour.
Nobody wants a dead printer in the office, especially when it is connected online but shows offline. So, what to do if the Canon Printer is offline mac?
In this post, we will enlighten you on why such a problem arises and how to fix the Canon printer offline problem in windows 10.
First, ensure it is fully setup and connected with power and WiFi network.
Why is My Canon Printer offline Windows 10
- Canon printer offline status
- Check Printer Settings
- Restart the Printer Spooler Service
- Reinstall your Canon printer software
What to do when Canon Printer is Offline?
Canon Printers work offline when they have a hard-line connection to the computer holding the document.
The printer requires a means of communicating with the computer so it can read and transmit from the hard-drive to the print function.
The printer itself does not have a hard-drive and cannot perform without a means of viewing your document. And printer online means it can print documents without a direct connection to the computer.
The document is transmitted through the remote connection while the printer reads and prints.
Some of the most common problem faced by users are –
Canon printer offline but connected to Wi-Fi
- Wireless Printer Setup Issue
- Printer connection with pc
- Printer Installation errors
- Frequent Paper Jam Error
- Poor Printout Quality
Steps to Fix Canon printer offline Issue
Option 1 : Make sure to check all things given below for Canon printer offline status.
- Check your WiFi connection.
- Restart the computer.
- Try to add new WiFi connection and the printer status should be online.
- Go to the printer folder.
- Set the Canon printer offline status back to online.
Just Click / Select ‘Start’ from the bottom left of the Windows screen, ‘Control Panel,’ ‘Printers and Other Hardware,’ and ‘Printers and Faxes.’
Right-click your printer’s icon and select ‘See what’s printer’.
Now on the top left corner click on “Printer” and uncheck “Use printer offline”.
Resolve the issue and you can start printing.
Option 2: Check Printer Settings
In windows when you open control and in the control panel click on printer settings. Checking printer settings on your system is somewhat an advanced-level job.
If you think you can understand system configuration, then check the following:
- Restart your WiFi to clear any problem in the network. Whether you are using a Wired/Wireless printer; this is for all.
- In system, Settings check if your printer status is “Online” (sometimes it is set as “Offline”)
- Clear all pending printing jobs.
- If your network has added more than one printer; make sure Canon printer is set as “default.”
- Check with default IP and gateway IPS of your printer and the network.
Option 3 : Restart the Printer Spooler Service
The spooler service is responsible to manage print jobs sent to a computer printer. Usually, it is visible to users, and they can cancel print jobs being processed.
It also lets them manage print jobs presently on the waitlist.
Disable Use Printer Offline feature of your Canon printer and Cancel your unfinished print jobs
Enter Task Manager in the search box from Start menu. Open Task Manager from the result.
Now in the task manager, on the top-right side click on Services.
Now Find out the Spooler File.
Right-click on Print Spooler. Then click Restart. Note: If Restart option not available, click Stop instead.
Right-click on Print Spooler again and this time click Start. Click OK to save your settings.
Restart your PC and try to print your file to see if your printer works.
Option 4: Reinstall your Canon printer software
Canon printer offline but connected to wiFi is probably being caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, please reinstall your Canon printer driver.
- Press Windows key + R key together to open a Run box. Then type devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK.
- Find your Canon printer driver under Print queues. Then right-click on it to choose Uninstall device.
- Download the latest driver for your printer model from Canon official website. Then install it on your computer.
Download the driver from Canon website is direct and straightforward though.
If it still doesn’t Solve canon printer offline error with the above option:
These issues can only be solved with the help of expert guidance & support. In order to resolve Canon printer technical issues, you need certified technicians of Canon Printer Customer Support.
They provide you instant support for all your issue with the canon printer.
You just need to call Canon Printer Technical Support Number. Once you call, one of our tech experts will get in touch with you to figure out the real issue.
He’ll instruct you about the necessary steps needed to solve the problem.