Question: I’m using the HP Smart with a new HP printer. My HP Printer reads Printer Offline whenever I try to print anything essential from my Windows 10 PC. To investigate this issue, I launched the HP Smart app, however it also shows Printer offline. We have tried several times to remove the printer, but it continues to go offline after printing just one page. Please assist if you know how to get an HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10.
Why does my HP Smart App says Printer is offline?
The HP Smart app is a software platform that allows you to manage all of your HP printers from one location. This app will assist you in quickly and easily setting up your HP printer. Because it will automatically detect Wireless HP Printers on your Home or Office Network. On a Windows 10 machine, however, this HP App may occasionally display a Printer Offline error. It’s because your Router and HP Printer have a bad or loose connection. On Windows 10 PCs, the HP Smart Printer Offline Problem is quite frequent. Please follow these simple troubleshooting procedures to permanently resolve this issue.
Steps to Fix HP Smart Printer Offline problem
Only Windows machines are covered in this troubleshooting tutorial. As you may be aware, a shaky connection is the primary cause of your HP Smart app displaying a printer as offline. So now we’ll totally resolve this issue, and this will never happen again with your printer.
- Turn your HP printer off.
- To begin, remove the printer from the Devices and Printers list.
- Now go to Control Panel and uninstall the HP Printer Drivers.
- In the Run Box, press “Windows + R” and type Spool.
- Open the Printers folder by selecting it.
- Make this folder empty by deleting all of the temporary files.
- Now it’s time to turn on your printer.
- Print the HP Printer’s Network Configuration Page.
- This Network Configuration page will provide you with your printer’s IP address. (For example, 10.0.0.21 or 192.168.1.12)
- Click Add Printer under Devices and Printers.
- Choose “The Printer I’m Looking For Isn’t Listed.”
- Select “Add Printer Using TCP or IP Address” from the drop-down menu.In the box, type the printer’s IP address and click Next.
- Now Windows will automatically detect and install the drivers for your HP printer from the network.
- Your HP printer has now been successfully installed on Windows 10 with an IP address.
- Your HP Printer is back online when you open the HP Smart App.
- This will permanently solve the problem, and you will never have to deal with the HP Smart Printer Offline Issue again.