As you have seen that after every single update on windows 10, the Brother printer goes offline. However, Windows 10 update or driver update is not the only reason to bring your printer to an offline state. The main fact behind the brother printer showing an offline message in windows 10 is the connection problem. You will learn how to fix Brother Printer offline status in windows 10. You can easily fix Brother Printer offline status in windows 10 by reading the steps below.
- Check Brother Printer Connectivity
- Brother printer connected to WIFI but offline on Windows 10
- There are some more methods that you can try to solve your Brother printer offline problem:
- If the printer status is Paused
- A copy of your printer with the same printer name may be created
- To check which printer driver is working
How to Bring Brother Printer Offline Status to Online ?
If you are unable to fix Brother printer because it is showing printer offline message, then learn How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer Online or do some changes to your printer’s setting, and you will get your brother printer back online and you can continue print your documents again. If you’re using brother printer, then you can fix brother printer offline issue easily as it has a built-in feature for toggling between offline mode so that you can get back your Brother printer online.
However, if your issue is still not resolved then you may need to make some required changes to your printer setup & installation to restore normal printing functionality back.
- Click on the Start button on your computer, and then click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now right-click your Brother printer icon and click on the See What’s Printing option on your screen.
- Click on the Printer option at the top of the window > look for the check mark in front of the Use Printer Offline option. Remove the check mark, now your documents will start printing again. And if it still does not work then proceed to the next step.
- Turn off your Brother printer and disconnect the printer’s USB cable from your computer.
- Now turn on your printer.
Check Brother Printer Connectivity
Brother Printer could show an offline message when not connected properly to the Windows 10 computer, Wi-Fi network or Router. In this situation, you have to check all the connections by following these steps.
- Restart your printer and wait for 1-2 mins until the printer is fully ready.
- Check your printer connection (Wireless or USB).
- If you are using a USB cable connection, make sure that they are plugged in properly and securely on your computer and printer.
- If you are using wireless or Wi-Fi connection, make sure you are connected to the right network. A wireless light on your printer will in Solid-state if you are connected.
- Run a test print.
Brother printer connected to WIFI but offline on Windows 10
If your printer is properly connected still it says offline, then it might have something to do with the Brother printer status. The selected printer might not be set as the default printer or it might be offline from windows 10 printer properties. Follow these easy steps to check all the issues.
- Open Printers and Devices windows from Control Panel.
- Select your Brother printer and Right-click on it to open “See what’s printing”
- Again Right-click on the selected printer and click on “Set as default printer”.
- Under “Set as default printer” you can see your Printer status – offline or paused.
- If the Brother printer is paused, simply click on “Resume printing”.
- Run a test print.
Sometimes it happens when you are trying to print an important document from the computer, but your Brother printer says it’s offline. So, don’t panic at that time because it might be a problem with windows 10 update or wireless connection problem with the router.
There are some more methods that you can try to solve your Brother printer offline problem:
Make sure your Brother machine is set as the default printer
Open the printer’s folder and make sure there is a check mark on your Brother machine’s icon:
(Windows 8 or later)
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
If the check mark is not on your Brother machine, right-click the icon for your Brother machine and select Set as default printer.
Delete all print jobs from the Devices and Printers window
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what’s printing > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
If Cancel All Documents is greyed out, click Open as Administrator. Enter the password for an administrator and click Yes.
Check the printer status in the Devices and Printers window
If the printer status is Offline
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (remove the checkmark).
If Use Printer Offline is greyed out, click Open as Administrator. Enter your administrator password, and then click Yes.
If the printer status is Paused
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (remove the checkmark).
If Pause Printing is greyed out, click Open as Administrator. Enter the password for an administrator and click Yes.
If a copy of your Brother machine’s icon (For example: Brother XXX-XXXX (Copy 1)) is listed in the Devices and Printers
A copy of your printer with the same printer name may be created
• Connect the Brother machine into a different USB port on your computer.
• Installed the same printer driver multiple times.
This may lead to some copies of your printer driver not working correctly. To print, select a printer driver that you know is working.
To check which printer driver is working
- Turn the Brother machine on. If any other machines are connected, only turn the Brother machine on that you want to use.
- Open the printer’s folder:
Open the Control Panel.
Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
Click Start > Devices and Printers.
- Hover the cursor over the printer icon until the printer status pop-up appears.
If the status is Ready, it means the printer driver is working correctly. Select this printer driver when printing.
(Optional) To change the printer name, do the following:
(Windows 7 or later)
- Right-click the printer icon.
- Click Printer Properties.
- Change the printer name in the Printer Properties window, and click OK.
- If you always want to print using this printer, right-click the icon of the machine and select Set as default printer. The check mark will appear on the machine’s icon and when you next print, this printer driver will be selected automatically.
However, if your printer is still offline and you’re not able you print anything, then this is the right time to call your Brother printer support executive. They will offer you instant solutions for your Brother printer related issues.